Job Summary: Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service has a Ranger in Charge position available at Boodjamulla National Park.Cairns QLDJob Details:
1. Lead and manage a team to deliver work plans, initiatives and project outcomes.
2. Lead the development of annual work programs for recreational and infrastructure maintenance and development including the acquisition and allocation of resources within budgets.
3. Plan and deliver specific park management projects including the development and maintenance of park infrastructure and initiatives, plant operation and maintenance, natural and cultural resource management, fire management, weed and pest control.
4. Establish and maintain productive relationships with stakeholders including neighbouring landholders, other government departments, industry groups, commercial operators, recreational user groups and traditional owners.
5. Undertake administrative activities such as planning, monitoring, reporting and records maintenance in line with organisational and financial management guidelines.
6. Lead and manage customer contact processes and interactions to deliver engagement, education and advice.
7. Lead and conduct compliance and enforcement activities. Assist staff from other agencies with investigations as required.
8. Plan and coordinate contingency and emergency responses including natural disaster contingency plans, wildfire response procedures, search and rescue procedures and medical emergency procedures.