OzDial Safety Tips
Your safety is important to us. We endeavour to keep your information safe, But no transmission of data on internet is 100% safe. OzDial never mediates between the buyer and the seller. If any individual or website is involved in mediating for transaction as a broker or as an agent, please don’t accept it.
Here are some tips which you may follow when using OzDial sites:
- Your Password is more than a key to your online Account. Choose your password carefully so that no one can figure out. Keep your account details safe from others. Do not share your OzDial account details with anyone.
- It is highly recommended that you buy the things locally so that you can meet the other party personally face to face, so that the email transactions and payment confirmations cannot be faked. This also gives you a chance to verify the items condition before you purchase it.
- Never accept part payments because you may never receive the balance payment. Especially getting things shipped to you can be risky, as you may never receive the item.
- Sellers who are based overseas or interstate should be avoided. Do not wire money to the agents. People who ask you to use wire payment services are likely to be scammers. There have been many such cases in the past.
- You should meet people at a public place and if possible take a family member or a friend with you for extra security. In case you are going alone, tell someone at home, about your visit.
- Be Alert where you find that the deal is too good to be true, be very careful in dealing with the other party as it can be a scam.
- If you find any abusive or suspicious behavior, report to us. OzDial is a community site, we go by your feedback. If something doesn't seem right, report it to us.
- Buying of rare and expensive breeds online should be avoided. There have been reports against overseas breeders who had proven to be a scam
- Buy the pet in person. Try and settle a meet locally so that you can deal face-to-face.
- Puppies under the age of 8 weeks cannot be sold. They have to be with their mother less than 8 weeks of age.
- Make sure that the Pet has been micro-chipped and that the pets are with genuine documentation.
- If you are in a situation where you cannot look after a pet, do not buy them.
Tickets & Events
- Tickets when bought should be checked thoroughly.
- Try to organize a meeting with a ticket seller.
- Never buy a ticket through post which may never turn up.
- Make sure ticket seller is genuine and the event is still valid and not cancelled.
- Scammers can make multiple copies of the same ticket, be mindful to check it before you buy.
- Some events require you to enter with your ID card, and the transfer of ticket is either not permitted, or attracts an extra charge which can result in refused entries to the events or you will have to pay more.
- Properties when rented or bought should be inspected personally. Sellers overseas can be scam.
- Read all the Tenancy contracts, legal documents carefully and if required take advice of some professional service or family or friends before signing any paper or entering into any agreement. It can be a fraud.
- Never get them to post you the keys for a new property. Many such scams have been reported.